We are dedicated to supporting and helping our children while our school is closed. Useful links to resources that may be of interest to you and your children will be added to this page for your family to access together.
Please also visit your child's class page, where their teachers are providing weekly updates for home learning.
Fun with Phonics & Literacy
- Phonics Play are offering free access to their resource. To login you need to enter username: march20 / password: home
- Alphablocks on CBeebies
- Twinkl is offering all families free access to their vast array of resources that are used in school. To set this up go to their site and enter the code 'UKTWINKLHELPS'.
- David Walliams is releasing a free audio book a day for children to enjoy
- At 9.30am daily Radio Blogging is streaming interviews with authors and poets, including Pie Corbett.
- Children's author James Mayhew reads a daily story on YouTube at 3pm every day.
- A free online eBook for children, Dave the Dog is worried about coronavirus, is now available to download for children.
Motivated to do maths
- White Rose Maths have put together helpful home learning daily lessons that link in with the curriculum and are used by our teaching staff at school.
- NRICH is a great Maths resource used in school and recommended by our teachers.
- Carol Vorderman is offering free access to her online maths resource 'The Maths Factor' while schools are closed.
Movement and Physical Activity Ideas
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - free online yoga classes that the children love doing at school.
- PE with Joe Wickes is live streaming 30 minute family friendly workouts every weekday at 9am, log in live or watch at a time to suit you. It's a great way to start the day!
- 10 Minute 'Shake up games' from change4life with Disney
- Oti Mabuse is hosting dance classes at 11.30am each day. Fantastic and accessible for all, guaranteed to make you smile while learning to dance.
- The BalanceAbility Parent Guide that gives parents a helping hand in getting their children cycling at home.
- Theatre of Science is a good find for fun science experiments and free online tutorials.
Art & Crafts
Art adventure with Pablo on Cbeebies Pablo
- At 6pm daily Steve Harpster is holding a live drawing event on the Harptoons Facebook page.
Cooking and Healthy Eating
- Frogs Kitchen are hosting free cooking for kids online tutorials
- A must try for those who love Miss Sonner's singing assemblies is Singing Hands YouTube channel. Having mastered Roar and Try Everything, the children were going to be learning This Is Me by Keala Settle - may be have a go as family!
- BBC Bring the Noise - approved by Squirrels class & Year 1!
- Edinburgh Zoo are live streaming from their tigers, penguins, koalas and panda enclosures each day.
- Steve Backshall of Deadly 60 fame is doing daily live Q&A sessions for children via Facebook, Instagram & Youtube
Just for fun
- Big Foot Arts are free activity packs for children, you can download them by visiting their website. They also have a great Facebook page with ideas and links to story time live and fun activities.
- Dacorum Families list of fun ideas for older kids
A free download of '100 Things To Do Indoor'
For our younger children, Poisson Rouge have given free access to their resources until 15 April. Details are login: corona2020, password: corona2020.
For any parents and carers looking for support and advice for mental health and wellbeing during this time, please visit our Parent page.