At Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery we're proud to say, as trailblazers in Dacorum, that we invest time, money and energy into 'experiential learning'.
What that means for our children is more activities, events, outings and imaginative learning exercises that help truly bring learning to life. So, whether discovering 'why things float' or joining a whole class karate session, we'll make everyday an adventure for your little ones.
We warmly welcome new children into our school.
There are 36 places for Nursery for 2019 / 2020 academic year. Our Nursery runs from 08:30-11:30, followed by the option of 30-hours care with our on site provider, Little Deers.
We have full wrap around care with Swing Gate Breakfast Club from 07:30 and Little Deers After School Club until 18:00.
Our maximum number for admission into the Reception class is 60. If there are less than 60 applicants putting Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery as first choice then all the applicants will have a place. If there are more than 60 applicants then all the children are offered a place according to set County criteria which are:
- Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school.
- Children who can prove that they have a particular medical or social reason why they must go to the school.
- Children who have a brother or sister on the roll of the school or linked junior (Thomas Coram Junior School) at the time of admission.
- Children for whom the school is the nearest in relation to alternative schools( if more families qualify under this rule than there are places available, those families with the longest extra journey to an alternative school with places will be given priority). This rule will be applied until 90% of places in the school have been allocated.
- Children who live nearest to the school.
If you are unsuccessful in gaining a place in the school there is a set process of appeal to an independent panel . Because nursery education is not required by law there is no right to appeal for a nursery place. However, if you are not happy with the nursery place offered you can write to the Education Authority who will listen sympathetically to your concerns.
Please see the Hertfordshire County Council admissions page for further information and to apply online.
Download the Herts Direct Admissions Information booklet here for details of how to apply, over subscription criteria, how to appeal etc.
For more information email the school office
email@example.com or call 01442 863913