Parent Forum Meeting Minutes 2017-19
The Terms of Reference for the forum are detailed below.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To act as a constructive tool with which the Headteacher and Governing Body may consult the parent body.
- To act as a conduit to feed information from the school to parents and from parents to the school. When asking for feedback from parents, forum members should:
- adopt a neutral stance and not offer or promote their personal view
- convey the feelings and thoughts of a group of parents.
- To have an informative and consultative role. The Headteacher remains the primary decision maker and the Governing Body provides strategic leadership.
- That any parent may nominate themselves to become a member of the forum. Ideally each class will have two representatives. Nominations for members are invited at the beginning of the school year and during the year when a vacancy arises. Elections will only be held in cases where nominations are received from more than two parents for an individual class.
- To meet as a group on a half termly basis. The time that meetings are held will be agreed at the start of each academic year.
- That the forum is attended by the Headteacher and chaired by a Governor.
- An agenda will be prepared and circulated one week prior to the meeting by a nominated member of the Forum, with class and school items highlighted.
The Forum members are all Class Representatives and as such may also have a key role in providing assistance to FoSG organising volunteers etc. The Forum is NOT a conduit for specific areas of concern around individual children, these should be directed in the first instance to the class teacher and then escalated to the Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team if necessary.
If you have any suggestions or questions that you would like to be discussed at the next Parent Forum meeting, please contact the appropriate Class Representative at least one week prior to the next Parent Forum meeting.
Next Parent Forum Meeting dates :
- Friday 22nd March 2019 at 08:45
- Friday 10th May 2019 at 08:45
- Friday 12th July 2019 at 08:45