Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery
We encourage everyone to fulfil their potential and develop their skills for life long learning. We do this within a secure environment which inspires, challenges and celebrates achievement.
We have a commitment to care.
We care for ourselves
We care for each other (across cultures, distances and generations)
We care for the environment (far and near).
Our School Aims
Aims for pupils
Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery promotes high achievement and learning for life by working with children to:
- develop enquiring minds and a spirit of adventure
- advance knowledge, skills and attitudes which will prepare children for life in a changing , diverse world
- realise potential in all areas of the curriculum
- increase appropriate responses as active participants in their own learning
- instil a sense of responsibility in each child for their own behaviour and its effect upon others
- promote individual talents and creativity
- extend individual skills of reflection
- enable willing participation in active pursuits
- promote an appreciation of, and responsibility for, the school and the natural environment.
In pursuit of these aims the school will provide:
- a broad and challenging curriculum
- a stimulating learning environment
- structured teaching and differentiated learning opportunities
- an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed
- an appropriate range of learning resources
- an enriching programme of extra curricular activities and visits
- learning partnership involving school, home and the wider community.
The school demonstrates commitment to working in the community by:
- striving for continuous improvement in all areas
- working collaboratively towards common goals
- providing opportunities for the professional development of staff.