OPEN DAYS 2020/2021
*** OUR OPEN DAYS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK NOW ***
- Tuesday 3 November at 09:30
- Thursday 26 November at 09:30
Owing to COVID restrictions we will only be able to allow small groups at each session. To book one of the above times, please call the office on 01442 863913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and to apply for a Reception place for 2021/2022 visit the Hertfordshire County Council admissions page - the application system opens on Monday 2 November, 2020. The deadline for applications will be Friday 15 January 2021.
For a current in-year application, please go to the Hertfordshire County Council website here.
Further information about our application process
Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery's maximum number for admission into the Reception class is 60. If there are less than 60 applicants putting Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery as first choice then all the applicants will have a place. If there are more than 60 applicants then all the children are offered a place according to set County criteria which are:
- Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school.
- Children who can prove that they have a particular medical or social reason why they must go to the school.
- Children who have a brother or sister on the roll of the school or linked junior (Thomas Coram Junior School) at the time of admission.
- Children for whom the school is the nearest in relation to alternative schools( if more families qualify under this rule than there are places available, those families with the longest extra journey to an alternative school with places will be given priority). This rule will be applied until 90% of places in the school have been allocated.
- Children who live nearest to the school.
If you are unsuccessful in gaining a place in the school there is a set process of appeal to an independent panel . Because nursery education is not required by law there is no right to appeal for a nursery place. However, if you are not happy with the nursery place offered you can write to the Education Authority who will listen sympathetically to your concerns.
Please see the Hertfordshire County Council admissions page for further information and to apply online.
Download the Herts Direct Admissions Information booklet here for details of how to apply, oversubscription criteria, how to appeal etc.