We warmly welcome new children into our school. As a two-form entry school, we have two classes from Reception through to Year 2. The maximum number for admission into the Reception is 60. If there are less than 60 applicants putting Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery as first choice then all the applicants will have a place. If there are more than 60 applicants then all the children are offered a place according to set County criteria which are:
- Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school.
- Children who can prove that they have a particular medical or social reason why they must go to the school.
- Children who have a brother or sister on the roll of the school or linked junior (Thomas Coram Junior School) at the time of admission.
- Children for whom the school is the nearest in relation to alternative schools (if more families qualify under this rule than there are places available, those families with the longest extra journey to an alternative school with places will be given priority). This rule will be applied until 90% of places in the school have been allocated.
- Children who live nearest to the school.
To apply for a Reception place for 2024/2025 you will need to go to the Hertfordshire County Council admissions page - the application system opens on Wednesday 1 November 2023 and the deadline is Monday 15 January 2024.
Important dates for Reception applications
|Wednesday 1 November||Hertfordshire County Council online system opens for applications.|
|Monday 15 January 2024||Deadline to apply for a school place.|
|Tuesday 16 April 2024||National allocation day - Reception places are offered to families by email|
|Wednesday 1 May 2024||Deadline for families to accept Reception places in writing (by email is sufficient)|
We are able to offer full wraparound care to all of our children at Swing Gate, from our bright start Breakfast Club from 7:30-8:30, run by our Breakfast Club Assistant through to our After School Club from 15:05-18:00, run by Little Deers.
If you are unsuccessful in gaining a place in our school and wish to appeal, you will need to follow the process on the Hertfordshire County Council appeals page.
Open Mornings (all at 09:30) dates are below:
- Friday 3 November
- Thursday 16 November
- Friday 1 December
- Thursday 11 January 2024.
Book now to find our what makes us infant specialists and the perfect school for your child to begin their learning adventure.
*SPACES AVAILABLE FOR CURRENT RECEPTION YEAR** We have spaces available for children in Reception 2023/24. To make an admission you will need to visit the Herts Council admissions website or call us and we can help you through the process.
Swing Gate Lane, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 2LJ