Visions and Ethos
Swing Gate Infant School and Nursery promotes 'experiential learning' to develop happy, active and inspired children.
We aim to:
- develop enquiring minds and a spirit of adventure
- create confident children that are happy to 'have a go' at new skills and experiences
- deepen knowledge and widen attitudes which will prepare children for future life in a changing and diverse world
- enable children to realise their potential across the curriculum
- create children that are eager to take part and reflect in their learning
- celebrate individual effort, talents and creativity
- foster an attitude of celebration and respect for all characteristics and beliefs of every individual
- promote behaviour that enables all children to achieve their potential and develop socially, academically, and personally within a positive and safe environment.
We achieve this by:
- instilling a spirit of adventure
- bringing learning to life in a deeper, more engaging and more active way
- investing in the wellbeing of the whole school community
- investing time, money and energy into 'experiential learning' to create a lasting impact
- creating a stimulating learning environment
- supporting children to succeed in a nurturing and caring way
- working in partnership with home and the wider community.