Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Swing Gate, we believe that everybody has an entitlement to personal, social and intellectual development and must be given an opportunity to achieve their potential in learning through a broad and balanced curriculum. We have high expectations for all our pupils in respect of their achievements, attitudes and well-being. Everybody is unique in terms of characteristics, interests, abilities, motivation and learning needs and we embrace these wide diversities
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is Mrs Heather Galvin - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Local Offer has published an exciting new resources area to help support families of children with SEND. On their blog you can read about how they worked alongside families to create this much needed ‘digital library’ full of all kinds of useful and fun materials.
- SEND Statement
- SEND Information Report Nov 2020 (January 2021 combined policy and information report to be uploaded imminently)
- The Hertfordshire Autism Quality Offer
The Hertfordshire Autism Quality Offer aligns with the SEND Quality Offer - Hertfordshire’s statement on high quality provision and outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. The Autism Quality Offer describes the special educational provision that settings are encouraged to have available for children and young people who have autism or social communication needs and includes links to resources and training available to settings across Hertfordshire.
- HCC Social, Emotional and Mental Health Quality Offer
- HCC Speech Language and Communication Needs Quality Offer
- Herts ISL Dyslexia information
As a member Hertfordshire school we are fortunate to be able to access services through DSPL (Delivering Special Provision Locally). This county-wide initiative, works to improve the range of provision and support services available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, aged 0-25. Their aim is to secure a range of provision, support services and resources in each area that:
- meets the needs of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 as close to home as possible
- improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
- widens choice for children and parents/carers
- removes barriers to learning
- uses resources effectively.
DSPL send regular updates on the courses they offer and support available for us to share with our families every 2 weeks. To find out more visit their website here.
Swing Gate Lane, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 2LJ